Web Developer – Job Description
Freedom Media is a multiple CIM award-winning creative marketing agency which was established in 2011 and has seen exciting growth in its range of services and client base over recent years.
With a broad range of local, UK and international clients, we have developed an excellent reputation across all areas of our business, which includes video production, graphic design, digital, marketing, PR and event management.
Our team members are highly skilled and hard working. We all enjoy what we do and, importantly, we love to have fun. Our satisfaction comes from making our clients happy and delivering value for money services which help make their businesses better.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, experienced web developer who will take responsibility for the entire life cycle of various web projects as part of their daily routine and apply the high standards that our clients expect in building websites and providing digital support. A good grasp of Digital Marketing would also be beneficial.
In addition to clear evidence of technical capability, close working relationships with our internal design and account management teams will be key to this role as well as developing great long term relationships with our clients. A clear understanding of web technologies and proven experience of delivering solutions which meet client needs, combined with a commitment to excellence at all times are all critical factors for this role along with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Development of WordPress web solutions
- Playing a central role in the planning and implementation of web technology projects in conjunction with key client contacts
- Facilitating the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables and budget
- Working effectively with other teams to achieve effectiveness in resource allocation and project timelines
- Throughout each project, maintain a full awareness of project requirements, and ensure these are understood by both internal teams and clients
- Ensure thorough testing of completed projects, and provide support and maintenance
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
Skills / Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent development skills in WordPress, both in terms of themes and plug-ins with a good understanding and experience in other Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ability to use version control and debugging software
- Thorough understanding of website hosting technologies and environments such as Plesk, DNS, domain registration, SMTP, etc
- Well organised with start-to-finish project management skills and an ability to manage multiple clients and projects
- Knowledge of full software delivery cycle
- An avid interest in digital communication/internet/new technology
- Able to work with design files to extract assets
- A good understanding of and ability to implement and maintain high security standards across different systems.
- Maintenance and security updates of CMS systems
- Keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
This type of role can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours will generally be standard office times; however deadlines may stretch this further.
Due to the volume of work coming into the agency at present we ideally need someone to start as soon as possible/immediately. Freelancers are welcome to apply for a short term contract.
Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for an initial, informal chat, please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 13th August 2020
All applications and interviews will be handled with complete discretion.